Friday, October 30, 2009

Portions sizes

I tried doing research about what is appropriate portion sizes and I am baffled. So am I doing it wrong?

Meat Portions
Veggies Portions
Grains Portions
Fruit Portions
am I supposed to eat the tennis ball? whats up with that?

Dairy Portions
That wont cover a bowl of cereal dude. How about if you are a cheese head or are from Wisconsin?

Who are they kidding? I am eating smaller portions (not as small as the suggested size but still) and I am still hungry and I am hungrier faster. Honestly I would rather continue eating the way I am eating and implement an exercise regiment. I am tempted to try the whole portions thing but look at those servings. There is just no way a nursing mother could survive on that. Hubs is worried that I never used to obsess about my weight or portion so whats wrong.

Technically I look good for my weight and size as my body tends to hide any excess weight in 'good places'. However, I am 20lbs over my pre pregnancy weight and I am scared that if we do conceive again I will mushroom another 20lbs. I am trying to get back to my pre baby weight so that I can relax. Being 40lbs overweight for someone as short as me probably wont look to good no matter how good I am at hiding things.

He thinks the blogosphere is negatively affecting me but lets be realistic here. How much longer can I abuse my fast metabolism and not change my ways? I have seen the women in my family to be worried about my HORRIBLE eating and NON EXISTING exercise schedule. Plus I don't want to develop any medical conditions like diabetes (runs in the fam) or other issues. I am only 24 and my son is a year old now. I am in my baby making years and I don't want to be stressed during a pregnancy. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and try to have a healthy outcome.

but anyway I digressed from my rant. Do any of you follow suggested portions? do any of you follow the 1/3 water, 1/3 food and 1/3 air hadith dealing with food?

2 comments:

the mrs. said...

nope LOL! i would if i wasn't nursing, but since i am i always eat til i am full...not STUFFED full, but a satisfied full. breakfast is always a bowl of cereal with skim milk...lunch is always a turkey sandwich and maybe a veggie soup if i am still hungry and dinner is whatever i cook and a big salad. i don't snack a whole lot, but if i do it will usually be a handful of pretzels or something quick. i am consistantly loosing weight with this in addition to exercise WITHOUT counting calories or being obsessed with portion sizes. hth and GL!

NtN said...

Yeah, we don't follow that in our house. I think that goes off the assumption that you'll be eating every 3-4 hours (3 meals, 2 snacks). For people who only eat 2 meals, 1 snack, that isn't a good amount. How often are you eating?