Monday, November 23, 2009

organic rocks!

I cut the butternut squash into cubes, sprinkled olive oil, garlic salt, ground ginger and black pepper. OMG it was so delicious! I have to confess. BECAUSE it was organic and it cost me more I actually decided to bake it, that way I didn't have to boil it and throw the water away. Instead it was cooked by its own steam and the water already inside the squash that I am adding to my rice. subhanaallah.

I also made a 2lb batch of bean soup. Maybe because I am such a beaner but I could taste the difference in the beans. They tasted way better almost like when I was in El Salvador. I say almost because the beans were grown by local farmers completely chemical free. (nothing beats homegrown). The beans I ate were organic but packaged so you have no idea how long they actually been in those bags. Tasted awesome none the less.

I still don't know how to cook brown rice but I'll google it tonight inshaAllah.

0 comments: