Wednesday, November 4, 2009

still blind

I am still temporarily blind so I am not able to type as well or as much as I would want. BUT anyway I burnt my 2lbs of beans. THE HORROR! I was nursing my little dude and forgot that I had left something in the stove. I was heartbroken but I knew I couldn't throw them out so I had to eat them. Instead of eating them by itself I started adding them to currys and OMG the burnt taste is GONE. SUBHANALLAH!!

I mean GONE. Alhamdulillah because otherwise it would have been a very long week.

3 comments:

Stacy K. said...

Good job saving the beans! I absolutely hate throwing food away too. I was thinking of looking for more recipes with beans. I'm always throwing them into veggie soup for Layla or adding them to my curries as well.

KittySigurdardottir. said...

How do you cook currys?And why are they called currys when they don't taste like the spice curry?

.::Tuttie::. said...

its because people use it interchangeably to mean soups or stews. Its a cultural thing, it used to annoy me but not anymore.